Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ipads for Kindergarten Children!


iPADS FOR KINDERGARTEN?

An article from fox news I found online talks about how a school in Maine has voted to provide iPads for each 284 kindergarten children. It will cost 200,000 but they believe it will boost literacy rates from sixty percent to ninety percent.

Here is the link:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/04/15/ipad-form-technology-transform-education-kids-failing-schools/


As the article goes on it talks more about how technology will improve the school systems. One of the parts I found interesting is that in the United States 1.5 million k-12 students are enrolled in at least one online course.

I think this is great! Coming from a small school district, I didn't always have the best teachers. I had some of the worst teachers at times that ruined a lot of learning for me.

For a school to offer online courses gives students the opportunity to be taught by some of the best teachers. The teachers that actually care about their students and teaching techniques.

Personally, I feel like the school system is not keeping up with today's technology but if they were to incorporate more technology into classrooms, we would see not only an increase in learning but an increase in the interest to learn.

That is where it all starts anyways, with an interest. <3

No comments: